Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Celebrate and reward yourself!

Last week I talked about results, this week I need to be reminded on how to reward myself.  How many of you get a great report from the scales, the doctor or the measuring tapes and celebrates with food?  And if you are like me it is not good food it is the bad for you stuff that got us in this predicament in the first place!

I was so happy with the results of my measurements last week and this week I have been eating like crap, to put it mildly.  Seems as though I can’t get enough sweets.  So I started off feeling great about myself and now not only am I not real happy with myself I feel a bit sluggish too.  This always makes me think of a conversation I had with my Grandma, about always rewarding ourselves with dessert.  So here is a reminder for us all about celebrating our successes.

6 Suggestions on rewards:
  1. A day of rest and relaxation, get a massage or just let yourself relax.
  2. Buy yourself something such as a new pair of shoes or something that has been on your wish list even something to help continue to your overall goal
  3. Share your success! And accept the compliments.  Everyone likes a pat on the back once in a while.
  4. Spend a day doing activities with the family. Go bowling, skating or to a movie.
  5. Do something you enjoy but rarely have time to do.
  6. Reflect on your journey.

Here are some reasons to celebrate:
  1. Clarity – if we set measurable goals it is clear reason to celebrate
  2. Motivation to continue – We get a sense of accomplishment when we meet a goal and if we reward/celebrate it makes those successes stand out and make you want to reach the next goal.
  3. Creativity – a sense of accomplishment makes us feel good which frees up creative thoughts within and when we feel good we are more positive.
  4. Quicker results – All the above combine to keep us productive and lead to quicker results because we stay focused.

That was a much-needed reminder for me!  It is easy to slide back into old habits, if we keep this up pretty soon this will be an old habit.  Stay focused, what is your next goal?  I would love to be able to share some of your successes; you can email them (fitness@lenoxia.com) or stop in and share.  Hearing other people’s successes is great motivation also!  I have heard probably at least 5 times this week people mentioning that they can tell they are making a difference and it never gets old. Great job, and keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment