Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Stick with it!

So we have been on this journey for quite some time now.  I hope you are doing well and are noticing the effects of your lifestyle changes.  There has been a lot of talk around here about the changes.  It is very gratifying to me to listen to these successes even though you are the ones sweating it out.  We have started a new class, 4-week calorie blast, and I must say the progress I see in this group, as with a lot of my members, from when they started is absolutely amazing!

This week my message is to anyone who is just starting or might be feeling a bit discouraged like you are not getting anywhere.  Stick with it because you may not see it but you are making some pretty huge changes and if you keep making positive changes the weight loss will come.  A quote I saw today said “Stop trying to be skinny and start trying to be healthy” Your weight will probably take care of itself if you do.  And I have become a huge believer of that.  Several times people who haven’t known me forever will think that this comes natural to me and that I have always been this way. I will admit myself that this is the first time I have stuck to an exercise routine for this long.  Don’t get me wrong I have always had some exercise in my life.  Although I was just like a lot of people and I would be really, really good for a while then I would get comfortable, or for me lazy might be a better term, and I would fall off my routine until I was right back to where I started.  Honestly I never really got very far because my lapses got closer and closer together.  My heaviest weight (without being pregnant) was close to 200 pounds I wish I could say for my height that is not that terrible but I am not that tall.  After opening Your Life Fitness I have actually really noticed the changes not only in size but also in my abilities and my self-confidence.  Before I would do exercise videos and feel like I was going to die.  I did get to the point that I could get through them and to where I was completing all sections but never really got to the point that I felt I needed to kick it up to get a workout.  Now I have gone back and not only completed some of the videos but even felt like I could do more.  I will admit with it being my job to workout it does make it a bit easier to stick with it…I don’t have a choice people are counting on me but if you stick with it I promise you will see the changes too and you are so worth it.  It is not going to happen overnight, I am a year and a half in and I still have room to improve.  Permanent changes take time, effort and hard work.  Another quote I see often is “If you want maximum results use maximum effort.”

A big thing I have to keep reminding myself is “I am worth it and I deserve to feel good and be healthy.”   Often times, (I would almost venture to say always) we are the only ones who get in our way of our dreams.   When I was working on my business plan for the fitness center I was talking some things over with a friend and at one point she looked at me and said “Quit sabotaging yourself!”  I had never thought about anything like that before and she was absolutely right.  I still hear her saying that to me anytime I find myself doubting my ability.
So quit sabotaging yourself and stick with your changes you are worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Marti! This was exactly what I needed to hear today!

    ReplyDelete