Monday, October 3, 2011

Looking Ahead


Looking ahead…
Yeah the scales finally slipped in the right direction! And the most exciting part of this journey and writing about it is seeing and hearing from all of you reading this that are taking a journey of your own.  I am a little unsure how this next week will go as I enjoyed a wonderful breakfast from Michaels Foods.  The muffin I added to my plate at the end of the line (as I was reminded of my readers) was excellent!  Thank you!  Had this breakfast been followed by mindful eating I would not be worried; but I followed it up with lunch at The Golden Corral and supper at Grannies.  I did skip my normal second plate of “real” food and went for dessert.  Its funny or maybe a bit embarrassing that I have a ritual at a buffet….2 plates of a variety of meats and veggies and one trip to the dessert section.  What is your routine? Or am I really that abnormal?

Well buffet really isn’t what I sat down to write about today.  I want to write about some exciting things coming up.  First of all thanks to all who participated in the “Healthy Habits Hustle” on Saturday.  Your next chance to get involved with healthy changes is this Friday!  I am sure that you have heard on TV or seen some fliers around about The Healthiest State Initiative.  This is the Governor’s promotion to make Iowa the Healthiest State, we are currently 19th.  This whole promotion kicks off with a “Start Somewhere Walk” on October 7th, which is Friday.  At Noon we are gathering for a 1k walk (0.68 miles) Your Life Fitness is hosting a walk for Lenox and I really hope all of you will join me on your lunch hour.  AND if you are thinking you won’t be in town, as luck would have it you can do this anywhere!  After all the point is for you to kick off some Healthy changes and MOVE! (and maybe pass on my routine at a buffet)  So come join me on Friday at Noon we will start at Your Life Fitness.  This could be the start of your journey or a little boost if you have already started.

The next exciting thing is I am hosting a Total Life Wellness Fair on November 5th.  You will start seeing fliers soon.  There will be several vendors with displays and active presentations for you to participate.  There is a small fee for the presentations but it is free to visit the vendor tables.  Lenox Care Center will be providing free blood pressure and blood sugar checks at their table.  I am very excited about the presentations also.  Ronnie Brit, Midwest Cage Championship fighter and a Diagonal native, will be here to teach self-defense. Janet Ventiecher will be talking about debt management.  Dr. Anna Leonard will be discussing what to look for when shopping for shoes. And I will be talking about healthy lifestyles.  It will be a great day with lots of great information.

I know I talked more about what is coming up than my experiences and challenges this week but I have been working on these events a lot and I am very excited to share them with you.  Keep tracking and stay on your path to healthy living.

No comments:

Post a Comment