Friday, June 10, 2011

Why not start now?

June 10, 2011
My question is "Why not start now?"  This question fits so many aspects of our lives but today I am talking about wellness.  How many times have you said "Starting Monday, I am going to..."? We do this so many times with diet or exercise programs.  I do it too, in fact just last night I had some fresh strawberries so I sat down in front of the TV with a bowl of ice cream and strawberries. Yes I do know that there are so many things wrong with that statement.   I said to myself "next week I have got to get back to eating better".  Why do I have to wait until next week?  What better time than right now?  Right now is when I feel the motivation, right now is when I want it so lets' do this right now.  We definitely live in a world of Mondays or first of the months.  Truth is when Monday comes or it is the first of the month more often than not you have lost that motivation or the urge to make changes.  Am I right?  By Monday you have convinced yourself that you really don't eat that bad or I am really pretty active.  The best time to start making changes is the minute you start thinking about it.  If you are like me when you say "Starting Monday I am going to start eating healthier" you are sitting with a bowl of ice cream.  That is the perfect time to set down the bowl and get started after all the hardest part is getting started.  I have to believe that I deserve these changes and to be healthier and so do you! And we deserve this right now just as much as we do on Monday or at the first of the next month.  You are not alone sitting eating ice cream truth is there are so many people doing the same thing just waiting for Monday.  So right now on Friday night I am starting my new life! How about you? Tonight I replace the ice cream with yogurt and I will eat it at the table. :) I love yogurt I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment